Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Foolish Games

I really don't understand men who say they don't like you and then act like they do. It makes no sense. At first it can be incredibly frustrating and very hurtful but as time goes on, and after you've gotten over things, it just becomes quite amusing. I'm finding that you begin to notice little things they do and say (ie: their lame attempts at flirting). I'm getting so good at it, I can actually predict what will happen with me and particular people. In many ways, I find this to be so empowering. Ha! I used to ponder why men would act so contrary. Perhaps they are just afraid of telling me their true feelings. Maybe they like me but they don't know how much. Or maybe they are intimidated by me in some way? Perhaps they only feel physical attraction and nothing more. Maybe I should read "He's Just Not That Into You"? Hmmm.... Who knows why men do the things they do? In light of my current situation, who cares! I'm having WAY too much fun.

I suppose playing the game is really quite manipulative, but at times, why should I not partake if the other peron is begging for me to play? Why not indulge a little bit. On my end I know its meaningless. I'm not serious. So go ahead, play your game, I'll just sit back and laugh at what unfolds.

3 comments:

Adrienne said...

WHy did I never notice this post before??? I like it!
You and I think alike.
Missing you!

Johanna said...

To be honest, I was afraid people would think I was refering to particular ... ahem... gentlemen. I didn't want to give anyone the wrong impression. Maybe I'll put it first.

Anonymous said...

i like this post , and i wholeheartedly ( spelling? ) agree.
i refuse to play games, however if a game is instigated , a few rounds soucldn't hurt right?

this is esther btw hope you are doing lovely , johanna!

Followers

About Me

I'm a recent university graduate who is attempting to figure out where life will take her. Not sure yet, but hopefully it will be interesting and exciting.