Sunday, September 24, 2006

I've had a great weekend thus far. THis Friday night I went out with some friend for my birthday. It was small as only few people attended but I enjoyed the conversation and general ease and relaxation of the evening. In particular a good friend from high school came out. She had just gotten back from Guyana and we were able to catch up over dinner. I also found that another good friend of mine from hih school is pregnant. The whole night seemed exciting in light of that news.

This morning I slept in until 11. It was glorious as I have been waking up super early all week to work at the Centre and AWID. After getting up and taking my time getting dressed, I walked over to the little bistro near my house for breakfast with my sister. This bistro is usually over-priced but this morning I had eggs benedict and tea all for free. This was due to the fact that J.P. (Catherine's boyfriend) just got a job working as a cook and apparently the head chef has a crush on me. I have to admit, although I would NEVER consider this person as a suitable romantic partner, I certainly enjoy free food. And, keep in mind that I am not supposed to be privy to such "personal" information.

After a lengthy and leisurely breakfast, Cat and I returned home and chatted. This was followed by a ridiculous cleaning spree, which involed me cleaning absolutely every part of my apartment. I find cleaning addictive and at some points very therapeutic.

Following my cleaning spree, I went to Ann Marie's going away party at Nathan's, which was quite fun. I left early to come home and I just watched the Count of Monte Cristo and it was quite good. It didn't follow the storyline/plot from the book but I liked it. If you know me, you'll know that I am incredibly picky when it comes to film adpatations of well-known pieces of literature. I have never been impressed with Austen films, particularly Pride and Prejudice. Although the BBC version come close. Anyways, this plot left out so much pertinent information and various sub-plots, which in my mind should have been expanded upon so that people could really get a sense of the mastery of Dumas' writing.

In terms of general entertainment, I thought it FANTASTIC!! I expecially liked the guy who played Edmond. GOsh he awa hunky. I couldn't figure out where he was from so I googled him and discovered he played Jesus in the Passion of the Christ. Everyone who plays Jesus in films are always good looking. I don't know why considering the Bible does not describe Jesus as a hunky man. I think the most attractive Jesus by far has been Ted Nealy. Dude was HOT.

Yes, I am sure that I could discuss ogther pertinent issues on this blog,like politics or something international affairs related but sometimes, a good disucssion of hot Jesus actors is needed. Besides, it's 1:42am. What else could I possibly talk about?

No comments:

Followers

About Me

I'm a recent university graduate who is attempting to figure out where life will take her. Not sure yet, but hopefully it will be interesting and exciting.