Monday, December 11, 2006

Who knew fasting could be so much fun

The sermon last night at Freedomize pertained to fasting and temptation and at the end of the service, David put out a call to recommit our lives to God by fasting. The pastoral team at Freedomize has decided to take the sermon to heart and will be fasting this week from Thursday night (12am) to Friday night (12am). I've decided to participate in this as long as I am cautious about what I do during those 24 hours. I can't do strenuous activities otherwise I'll pass out from low blood sugar.This whole fasting bit shouldn't be too bad except the part where Esther and I go to a party on Friday night. Let's hope I am seriously entertained at this event so I won't notice the delicious food nearby.

With the above in mind, Esther and I decided we should fast for a whole week. I decided to fast from television because I watch it too much as a method of procrastination. Esther couldn't really figure out what to fast from and decided she would fast from scratching. I advised her not to do this b/c sometimes one just has to get rid of good itch. She assured me she over-itches and that this is a really good idea.

My fast started this morning and Esther's begins at noon today (we just decided). She has now proceeded to scratch as much as possible in the next ten minutes.

This is quite entertaining.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

I'm a recent university graduate who is attempting to figure out where life will take her. Not sure yet, but hopefully it will be interesting and exciting.