Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Updates

So my landlord got a call from my neighbours complaining about drifting second hand smoke in their apartment. Jean Pierre told them he would address it immediately and is even considering asking the new tenants to move out if the situation cannot be rectified. He called me today to let me know they were going to do some construction in the basement to fix the problem. I'm really hoping it will work.

I also saw my one of the "smokers" the other day walking into the house as I was leaving. He was not very polite. I think he thinks I'm the mean anti-smoker girl who is trying to prevent him from enjoying his own house. Meh...

In regards to fasting, Esther didn't last too long. She broke her fast at around 2:30 by scratching her head. As for me, I still haven't watched tv yet and I must say, my life is so much more productive. I should have stopped watching tv years ago, particularly while I was in school. Just think of how much I could have accomplished. Mind you, watching tv in residence was always fun, especially in Marg Ad when everyone would sit and watch Sex and the City and Queer as Folk.

long nostalgic sigh

I miss university and it's communal feeling. Every evening I distinctly remember the familiar sight of getting off the elevator and walking into a common room full of fun. All your friends would be hanging out and playing ping pong joking about some residence gossip: the 5th floor Don who was dating a frosh, the stolen ping pong table from 4th, stealing Pat's beer and the weird phone sex the White Night had the night before.

Being bored never lasted for long. You could always go and find a friend to complain about your courses and the length of research papers. There seemed to be a never ending amount of conversational topics to dsicuss such as: 9-11, the rise of the new US imperialism, the art history prof who looked like Sean Connery(sp?)or the sociology prof who died his hair.

I miss the Halloween and Christmas parties and the catty girly conversations over lunch in the dinning hall. I miss the times when my girlfriends and I would put on the Rent cd at 4am and dance like mad to wake ourselves up or the many times we avoided writing our Force and Statecraft papers by jumping over Bean's large stack of newspapers. I miss sneaking St. Mike's and Trinity boys into the dinning hall when the T-Card lady was distracted talking to the janitor/gardner. I miss being carefree, with limitless options and an untouched, unblemished future.

Yes, I miss you, UofT.

My that was a long tangent.

On to other news... life is good right now. I applied to some jobs today, finished off my internship from Humber and found some amazing new job opportunities with Engineers Without Borders and the Aga Khan Foundation.

This weekend is also shaping up to be a good one. I'm hanging out with Chuck on Friday and then with Catherine later on. We're due time for some fun girly sister time. On Saturday I am spending part of my day with Nathan taking pictures then going out for lunch with Meg and hot police investigator, Raj and his friend Shekar. This will be followed by a fun going-away party extravaganza for my roomy, Esther, who is leaving to go back home and then to Costa Rica. On Sunday I am going to relax, hang out with my Vic pal, Patrick and then go to the Love Feast.

Should be good times.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

I'm a recent university graduate who is attempting to figure out where life will take her. Not sure yet, but hopefully it will be interesting and exciting.