Tuesday, February 06, 2007

dread

I have a very important appointment tomorrow. I've known about it for awhile, but now I can actually feel it coming, feel it in my heart, in my stomach, in the deeps of myself. I can barely breath.

Right now everything is fine. I am okay, but tomorrow, tomorrow I may be totally different. I could be worse. My mind could be a wreck of thoughts. My emotions could be uncontrollable. My pain could be intense. Or I could be better. My senses calmed and my worries relieved. My heart could sore with love and joy.

This terrifies and excites me all at the same time.

Secretly I want to avoid what's coming, no matter what the result but I can't put it off. No matter what happens, I'll have to deal with the consequences of tomorrow. It's inevitable.

So... I'll face it. Feel everything there is to feel and deal with it all straight up.

I don't want to do this but I must. My curiosity is killing me.

How I wish I didn't make that appointment. My regret will be unbearable.

Oh Lord, help me.

2 comments:

RTF said...

Howes,

What was this appointment? Is everything good? Did it turn out alright?

Don't leave us hanging.

Peace,

T.

Adrienne said...

Yah, what is going on?
Let me guess your prego! You had an operation of some kind? You found your real family?
Just kidding but honestly, give us a something to chew on!

Followers

About Me

I'm a recent university graduate who is attempting to figure out where life will take her. Not sure yet, but hopefully it will be interesting and exciting.