Monday, January 09, 2006

Finally a post, let's hope it's interesting

Considing I have not written anything in over a month, I thought it was due time to post something. As for what? I don't know? I have to be honest here, I really am finding this whole blogging thing rather boring. I mean, I could write all the things that go through my head on a regular basis, but that would mean that everyone would read it. Do I really want my personal information, my personal thoughts and feelings read by people who I may not even trust or like. Now, I'm sure I like most of you, well... maybe not. Actually, I imagine there are some people who read this blog who I absolutely loath.

Anyways, I guess I should write something pertinent. Today I started school. It's going to be CRAZY. At the end of this term we have to do a relief simulation. This sounds exciting and absolutly terrifying. It's very lifelike and we have to deal with terrorist threats, security issues, bribes, fraud, poor planning etc... What's worse is that this simulation makes or breaks my mark. My professor said that students last year found it SO stressful that some actually decided to not go into development work. That makes me rather nervous. I also have this huge project, which was assigned today. I have to choose a country where I haven't travelled to and develop this ridiculously detailed implementation plan. It all sounds really boring but it's SO much work. I have to phone all these consulates and embassies. I've only had one class and I feel like I have tons to do.

Minus all the school work, life is pretty good. I'm living in my new place, which is now finally coming together. I had tons of junk in my room that I cleaned up over the weekend. I can now see my floor and walk freely without tripping over my belongings. I also spent the weekend catching up with some good friends. I spent Friday night with Luke. We watched this movie called the Insider, recommended by Karl. No offense to Karl, but it was kinda boring and very slow moving. In fact it was so slow moving, I was getting stressed and frustrated just watching it. The best part of the whole night was when we had blueberry cheesecake (sooooo good, drool). Of course, Luke was good company too:) On Saturday I went to a Ukrainian Christmas party and got to hang out with some really great people. I ended up going to play in the snow at Christie Pits and had lots of fun playing on the equipment and making snow angels. I also got the best gift from Lastly and Elaine. It's a jar specifically for saving money for shoes. It's all pink and girly and has all these shoes on it. I was so excited, I promptly put money in. On Sunday night I got to hang out and chat with two people I admire, Jonathan amd Dave. All in all, it was a busy yet pleasant weekend. Oh, did I also mention that I live with Ann Marie who is the bestest person ever?!! MMway good.

This week looks good too. I get to see my momsie and grandma on Wednesday in the morning and then in the afternooon I get to go shopping with Heather. I'm also planning a Bollywood night with some girlfriends from school, which I'm really looking forward to. We're all going to wear our sarees and salwars (sp?)and eat Indian food. Yummy. I can't wait to hear some really cheesy Indian music. Perhaps we'll watch Bunty Aur Babli so I can sing Kajra Re all week. It was playing everywhere while I was in India. It's so catchy.

Well, I think I've written enough for now. Perhaps I shall write again in another month.

1 comment:

RTF said...

Yay. A post!

Plus, you forgot to mention that you got to hang out with the coolest person ever.

You're hillarious—you really suspect people you loathe read your blog? At any rate, I always love the brutal honesty in your posts.

Peace,

T

Followers

About Me

I'm a recent university graduate who is attempting to figure out where life will take her. Not sure yet, but hopefully it will be interesting and exciting.