Monday, March 20, 2006

Is love a fancy, or a feeling? No.
It is immortal as immaculate Truth,
'Tis not a blossom shed as soon as youth,
Drops from the stem of life--for it will grow,
In barren regions, where no waters flow,
Nor rays of promise cheats the pensive gloom.
A darkling fire, faint hovering o'er a tomb,
That but itself and darkness nought doth show,
It is my love's being yet it cannot die,
Nor will it change, though all be changed beside;
Though fairest beauty be no longer fair,
Though vows be false, and faith itself deny,
Though sharp enjoyment be a suicide,
And hope a spectre in a ruin bare.

7 comments:

RTF said...

What is that from? Did you write that?

T

Johanna said...

Unfortunately, I am not the author of this sonnet. It's by Hartley Coleridge. And I think it's from Sense and Sensibility. You know, the crappy movie for chics who like romantic cheesy novels ;)

RTF said...

I never said it was good >:p

*laugh*

T

Adrienne said...

I liked that book and movie!
Seriously Tom you should check it out! Guys tend to like the movie despite the fuss they make about having to watch it.
Oh Jo by the way I am in Cali, to learn of my adventures feel free to read my blog. Bad grammar is included.
TF feel free to visit too.

Johanna said...

Adrienne, I tried to tell Tomster that but he wouldn't listen. I made Lavle watch Pride and Prejudice (the REALLY GOOD BBC version) once and he loved it. I think at heart, Tom could be a real Jane Austen fan, if he would just give in to his sensitive side.

long sigh

Adrienne said...

Yes, what happened to those guys who could value a 'good' well written love story?
Ah well we'll just have to kidnap him when I'm in town next and make him watch it with us. (insert scary laugh) HEEEhheeeehheeeeee hoooooohoooo wahhh haaaa ah hem (clears throat). Now back to my sane state.

RTF said...

J. and A.

What can I say? I must have words with Lavle.

And I have seen Sense and Sensibility. It was frankly boring to me.

Peace,

T.

Followers

About Me

I'm a recent university graduate who is attempting to figure out where life will take her. Not sure yet, but hopefully it will be interesting and exciting.