Monday, August 28, 2006

I watched tv today for the first time in weeks. It's odd to have been away from my mind numbing friend. While in university television was such a relief. It was nice to sit and watch ridiculousness for an hour as a study break just to give my mind some time to process after reading so much political theory, history etc...

After being away from tv, when I return I am always shocked and pleaseed with what I see. There always seems to be the overtly sexual shows where breasts and other such body parts are seen on a regular basis. The over-use of sexual innuendos can be exhausting. There also is just more and more junk being advertised. I saw this horrible infomercial tonight on JeMagic. Please, do not decorate your homes with this contraption. It's hideous.

Nonetheless, there still seems to be some really good programming out there. Tonight, after having a productive day sending out resumes, I decided to watch a doc on WWI and the history of the Haitian military coup of 1991. I don't care how much people say television sucks up your brain cells, it's a great way to learn and educate the average person. Even watching the news can be informative and enlightening, despite the constant analysis we must do in order to have an objective and factual view of the world. The amount of information we can receive from one hour of television is enormous and I must say, if one is scrupulous and discerning, it can be rather produtive and useful.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

I'm a recent university graduate who is attempting to figure out where life will take her. Not sure yet, but hopefully it will be interesting and exciting.