Thursday, July 21, 2005

Darjeeling

I'm sorry I have not posted in so long. Just so everyone knows, I am totally fine and in good spirits. My health is not the greatest as I seemed to have picked up a little parasite. I think its dysentary. Anywho, I am now on medication and feeling better. We arrived in Darjeeling yesterday (Tuesday) which was a day later then we expected because there was a transportation strike in NJP. We ended up staying in this hotel in Siligury for the night until we could take a jeep ride up into the mountains. I love it here!! It's so chill and relaxed compared to Kolkata. I don't think I ever want to go back to an urban centre in India again!! Our hotel is fantastic too!! It's pure luxury compared to the Astoria. I just love sitting in my room and journalling while taking in the mountain air blowing through my windows. It's so fresh here. Our rooms also have bathtubs, which makes me incredibly happy. I love baths and so while here I am planning on bathing like twice a day.

Our debrief sessions have been really intense, at least for me. I am full of emotions regarding so many different things. I could stay in the internet cafe and write it all out but it would cost me a fortune. I will say one thing though, I am dreading coming back to Canada. I feel odd saying that considering how much I miss Canada. I have missed home since landing in Kolkata. Now, I feel like I have so much to face back in Toronto. Some of these issues I have just begun to deal with and they are painful. Everyday I have to look to Jesus to take away my hurt regarding so many things. I think volunteering has taught me so much about relying on God. I have had to rely on God everyday for strength just to be motivated and loving to the patients at Prem Dan. I am gradually getting used to talking to the Lord about every little detail of my life. It's hard and sometimes really tiring. I feel that God is showing me more and more about myself each day. In many ways this trip has been such an affirming experience for me. I really hope to take some of these things back with me to Canada.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

I'm a recent university graduate who is attempting to figure out where life will take her. Not sure yet, but hopefully it will be interesting and exciting.