Friday, September 16, 2005

forever frustrated

Why can't people just speak up and be clear? I can never seem to understand this!!! What do you think will happen if you tell the truth? Do you think I'm going to bite your head off? Wait... knowing me I could do that. I take that question back. I guess what I'm trying to say is this... if you just had the guts to be honest you might be surprised by my response. Maybe it's not as bad as you think. Actually, it could be quite positive if you would only just spit it out. This lack of honesty and openess really is hard for me to understand and accept. Whatever happened to good ole communication skills? Isn't it normal for us to talk to one another. And by talking I don't mean surface crap but actually talking about something substantial. Come on, we're human beings, intellectual and spiritual human beings! We gotta be real. This means being vulnerable, which entails being authentic, straight forward and definitely being humble. How can any type of relationship truly exist without these things? I thought that was normal. I'm really starting to question the idea of normalcy. Perhaps it's all imaginary.

Why should I spend my time being frustrated with people who are lacking in their ability to communicate? Why should I fritter away my life consumed by analysis attempting to decipher "what's really going on"? Why am I hoping for people to change?

People don't change, they just get older (quoted by Ian Clarke)

How urksome.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes, we cannot change people, but we can change ourselves.. (i am sure you have heard that one before)you are right.
happy birthday jo!
:)

Anonymous said...

Wow, I never realized how cynical I am. I'm sure I meant to say that life is like a box of chocolates...no wait, that one's taken. D'oh.

Happy Birthday Moo!
Luv ya,
ian

Followers

About Me

I'm a recent university graduate who is attempting to figure out where life will take her. Not sure yet, but hopefully it will be interesting and exciting.