Thursday, September 01, 2005

what's wrong with me?

Have you ever had those times when you think you've gotten over something and then realize, quite suddenly, that you haven't? Well, that just happened to me. I thought for a few brief moments (actually, it was about six weeks) that I had finally gotten over my insecurities. Thank goodness I was free! I was WRONG! I'm not sure if it's God or just constant over-analysis, but recently something has entered my life which has caused me to feel so insecure and humiliated. Everytime I think about it I shudder and only feel embarrassement. I can't seem to shake it off. No matter how much I tell myself that I am God's child and that I have nothing to worry about, my thoughts always seem to revert back to negative over-analysis. "You're an idiot, what are you doing?" Even now as I write this I'm thinking to myself, "You're too serious, you should write something more entertaining... blah blah blah" I feel like I am constantly attmepting to retrain my thoughts; always working hard to kill that small voice trying to bring me down. What's awful, is that it's affecting EVERYTHING! My friendships and even potential relationships are being put in jeopardy by this stupid stuff. I can't stand it, which makes the whole thing even more frustrating. Last night, while sitting and chatting with a good friend, I actually got so embarrassed that I think he thought I was crying. What's wrong with me?!!!

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

Johanna,
I don't know if you will get this but I just wanted you to know that this is exactly how I feel and have been feeling for the past year or so. Fear and shame are a constant battle but it keeps me close to God and it makes me stronger.
Adrienne

Followers

About Me

I'm a recent university graduate who is attempting to figure out where life will take her. Not sure yet, but hopefully it will be interesting and exciting.