Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Motown.... my happy songs

Today was a hard day for me. I was really pissed off the entire day, especially before Living Room started. It's amazing how angry I can get. Grrrr...

Anyways, God was so good to me tonight. Jonathan totally realized how I was feeling and thankfully warned everyone as they entered that I was not in a good mood. He then proceeded to put on my "happy music". And if any of you know me, you know that it's something from Motown. Smokey Robinson's Tears of a Clown came on and I have to say, my entire mood changed. It was like I was brainwashed to feel happy when I listen to this stuff. Everytime I hear it I feel so gleeful that all my cares just seem to melt away. I was all into it and of course I promptly asked Jon if I could burn his cd. For some reason he said no. I was quite surprised but agreed that he didn't need to lend it to me. Everyone had a good laugh at my expense. I didn't understand why until they brought out the birthday cake and gave me the cd as a birthday gift. I was thrilled!!! They also gave me the whole Chronicles of Narnia which I plan to start as soon as possible. Jonathan and I have been plnanning to read this over the course of the fall so that we could watch the movie this December. I am SO pumped. After eating raspberry cheesecake (my favourite, compliments of Heidi) they laid hands on me and prayed. It was such a beautiful moment for me. I just felt so loved and cared for.

Living Room has been so great since I got back from India. This summer has been fruitful for many of us. The entire Living room experience has changed drastically. It's wonderful to meet with a group of people who are committed to the same thing: getting closer with the Living God. It was such a blessing tonight. As an act of worship we washed each others feet and then we prayed for each other. I felt so comforted and at peace. Not only that, Jussie prayed for me and it was exactly what I needed. I love it when God's spirit moves and gives people a word in prayer. It's such a blessing!! I realized that over the last year and a half all my frustration and all my agonizing over living room was so worth it to have what I experienced tonight. Sometimes things seem so hard and difficult, but when God gives us a blessing, when things finally get in the right place, all that waiting, all that suffering, it's all worth it. That one little breakthrough (props to Mena)is worth all the pain and hardship.

Amen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Followers

About Me

I'm a recent university graduate who is attempting to figure out where life will take her. Not sure yet, but hopefully it will be interesting and exciting.